Welcome to Tholen Sustainability Group - Your LEED® EB Resource!
Tholen Sustainability Group is here to assist you with your LEED for Existing Buildings certification projects. We have a talented group of experts experienced in all areas of the Existing Building rating system to support you and your project.
What is LEED for Existing Buildings?
The impression in the marketplace is that LEED is only for new construction, which is not correct! LEED for Existing Buildings was developed by the U.S. Green Building Council to provide the existing building stock with an entry point into the LEED certification process.
LEED EB certification recognizes actual building performance rather than design. Properly implemented, EB can reduce operating costs and promote a healthy, productive indoor environment. EB measures the areas of water and energy efficiency, use of environmentally friendly cleaning products, indoor environmental quality, and the effectiveness of recycling programs among others.
Why Certify My Building?
- Tenants want it - the demand for green tenant space currently exceeds the market supply.
- Studies1 confirm it - sustainable buildings have lower vacancy rates, higher rental rates than the market, higher valuations, and higher sale prices.
- Sustainability drives corporate Real Estate decisions - tenants want to mitigate their exposure to energy and operating expense price risk.
- Underwriters, investors and shareholders require it for their Real Estate investments.
- Reduced risk of future regulation – the regulatory climate is pointing toward demands for energy efficiency.
- LEED and ENERGY STAR are rapidly becoming a minimum requirement to maintain Class A status.
- EB certification can earn your tenants up to 5 points towards LEED for Commercial Interiors.
- Threat of obsolescence - don’t let your asset be left behind.
Property Review Packages
Tholen Sustainability Group offers a number of Property Review Packages to assist you in evaluating LEED certification for your property.
You may also call or email us to discuss your project needs. We look forward to speaking with you.
- Does Green Pay Off? - CoStar 2008-2009
- The Dollars and Sense of Green Retrofits. - A joint study by Deloitte and Charles Lockwood 2008
- Study - University of San Diego and CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc 2009
- Energy Efficiency and Real Estate: Opportunities for Investors. - Ceres and Mercer 2010